- St. Andrews Presbyterian College
- B.A., University of North Florida
- M.Ed., University of Arkansas
- A.B.D., Mississippi State University
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Certified Rehabilitation Teacher (CVRT)
Current External Funding
- Principal Investigator/Project Director, Independent Living Services for Older Individuals who are Blind Training and Technical Assistance Center (OIB-TAC), Rehabilitation Services Administration, 2015-2020
- Co-Principal Investigator, Rehabilitation Research and Training Center: Employment for Individuals with Blindness or Other Visual Impairments, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, 2015 - 2020
- Principal Investigator/Project Director, Vision Specialist in Vocational Rehabilitation Graduate Certificate Program for Rehabilitation Counselors - RSA Long-Term Training Grant, 2014-2019
- Sam Johnson President’s Award, Mississippi Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired, 2016
- MSU President’s Commission on the Status of Minorities Staff Award, 2015
- Charlene Allen Award for Outstanding Achievement, Association of Vision Rehabilitation Therapists, 2014
- Bruce McKenzie Award for Lifetime Achievement and Outstanding Contribution, Vision Rehabilitation Therapy Division of the Association for Rehabilitation and Education of the Blind and Visually Impaired, 2010
- McDonnall, M. C., Crudden, A, LeJeune, B. J., & Steverson, A. (2017). Availability of mental health services for individuals who are deaf or deaf-blind. Journal of Social Work In Disability & Rehabilitation, 16(1), 1-13. DOI: 10.1080/1536710X.2017.1260515.
- McDonnall, M. C., Crudden, A, LeJeune, B. J., Steverson, A., & O'Donnell, N. (2016). Needs and challenges of seniors with combined hearing and vision loss. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 110(6), 399-411.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2013). In their own words: Aging with hearing and vision loss. L’incapacités visuelle et la réadaptation, Incapacités multiples: Mesures et interventions. Conference Proceedings from the Annual Conference of the École d'optométrie, Université de Montréal: Institut Nazareth & Louis Braille. p. 14-18.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2012). Severe brain injury, vision loss and promising employment models. Visibility, 6(2), 7-9.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2011). In their own words: Aging with hearing and vision loss. AER Report, 27(4), 15-16, 20.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2010). Aging with dual sensory loss: Thoughts from consumer focus groups. AER Journal: Research and Practice in Visual Impairment and Blindness, 3(4), 146-152.
- Steinman, B. A., LeJeune, B. J., & Kimbrough, B. T. (2006). Developmental stages of reading processes in children who are blind and sighted. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 100, 36-46.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2006). Persons Aging with Hearing and Vision Loss; Research Update. Deafblind Perspectives, Winter Issue.
- Steinman, B. A., Kimbrough, B. H., Johnson, F., & LeJeune, B. J. (2004). Transferring standard English Braille skills to the Unified English Braille Code: A pilot study. RE: view, 36(3).
- LeJeune, B. J., Steinman, B. A., & Mascia, J. (2003). Enhancing socialization of older persons experiencing loss of both vision and hearing. Generations: Journal of the American Society on Aging, 27, 95 - 97.
- Butler, S., Crudden, A., Sansing, W., & LeJeune, B. J., (2002). Employment barriers: Access to assistive technology and research needs. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 96(9).
- LeJeune, B. J. & LeJeune, Bobby. (2001). Things I’ve learned since being married to someone with low vision. RE: view, 33(2).