M.Ed., Training Supervisor
P.O. Box 6189
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Campus Mailstop: 9741
Fax: (662) 325-8989
- St. Andrews Presbyterian College
- B.A., University of North Florida
- M.Ed., University of Arkansas
- A.B.D., Mississippi State University
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired
- Governing Board Member, Hall of Fame Leaders and Legends of the Blindness Field
- Executive Director, CARE Ministries Inc.
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor (CRC)
- Certified Rehabilitation Teacher (CVRT)
- Specialization in Deafblindness, Rehabilitation Teaching/Vision Rehabilitation Therapy, Transition, Acquired and Traumatic Brain Injury and Vision Loss, Ethics, Medical Aspects of Blindness and Low Vision, Adjustment to Vision Loss, and Aging with Dual Sensory Loss
Selected External Funding
- Principal Investigator/Project Director, Independent Living Services for Older Individuals who are Blind Training and Technical Assistance Center (OIB-TAC), Rehabilitation Services Administration, 2015-2020
- Co-Principal Investigator, Rehabilitation Research and Training Center: Employment for Individuals with Blindness or Other Visual Impairments, National Institute on Disability, Independent Living, and Rehabilitation Research, 2015 - 2020
- Principal Investigator/Project Director, Vision Specialist in Vocational Rehabilitation Graduate Certificate Program for Rehabilitation Counselors - RSA Long-Term Training Grant, 2014-2019
- Principal Investigator, Program Evaluation for the Massachusetts BRIDGE Program, 2014-2019
- Project Director and Primary Instructor, Vision Specialist Program for Rehabilitation Counselors - RSA Training Grant, U.S. Dept. of Education, 2009-2014
- Co-Principal Investigator, Enhancing Transition to Employment for Students Who are Blind and Visually Impaired, from the U.S. Department of Education, 2008-2011
- Principal Investigator, Persons Aging with Hearing and Vision Loss, National Institute on Disability Rehabilitation Research, 2002-2007
- Sam Johnson President’s Award, Mississippi Association for Education and Rehabilitation of the Blind and Visually Impaired, 2016
- MSU President’s Commission on the Status of Minorities Staff Award, 2015
- Charlene Allen Award for Outstanding Achievement, Association of Vision Rehabilitation Therapists, 2014
- Bruce McKenzie Award for Lifetime Achievement and Outstanding Contribution, Vision Rehabilitation Therapy Division of the Association for Rehabilitation and Education of the Blind and Visually Impaired, 2010
- John Maxson Outstanding Services Award, from the Mississippi Association for Rehabilitation and Education of the Blind and Visually Impaired, 2010
- Mississippi State University, College of Education, Outstanding Staff Award, 2006
- McDonnall, M.C., Crudden, A, LeJeune, B.J., & Steverson, A. (2017). Availability of mental health services for individuals who are deaf or deaf-blind. Journal of Social Work In Disability & Rehabilitation, 16(1), 1-13. DOI: 10.1080/1536710X.2017.1260515.
- McDonnall, M.C., Crudden, A, LeJeune, B.J., Steverson, A., & O'Donnell, N. (2016). Needs and challenges of seniors with combined hearing and vision loss. Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness, 110(6), 399-411.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2013). In their own words: Aging with hearing and vision loss. L’incapacités visuelle et la réadaptation, Incapacités multiples: mesures et interventions. Conference Proceedings from the Annual Conference of the École d'optométrie, Université de Montréal: Institut Nazareth & Louis Braille. p. 14-18.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2012). Severe brain injury, vision loss and promising employment models. Visibility, 6(2), 7-9.
- LeJeune, B.J., & Orr, A.L. (2012). Preparation starts early: A transition activity calendar for students with visual impairments moving from high school to college. Insight: Research and Practice in Visual Impairment and Blindness, 5(3), 183-186
- LeJeune, B. J. (2011). In their own words: Aging with hearing and vision loss. AER Report, 27(4), 15-16, 20.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2010). Aging with dual sensory loss: Thoughts from consumer focus groups. AER Journal: Research and Practice in Visual Impairment and Blindness, 3(4), 146-152.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2010). Brain injury and personnel preparation at Mississippi State University.Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 104(10), 658-660.
- McDonnall, M. C., & LeJeune, B. J. (2008). Employment among older adults with combined hearing and vision loss. Journal of Applied Rehabilitation Counseling, 39(3), 3-9.
- Wittich, W., Dignan, K. C., & LeJeune, B. J. (2007). Recruitment: We need to quit talking to ourselves! AER Report, Winter Issue.
- Steinman, B. A., LeJeune, B. J., & Kimbrough, B. T. (2006). Developmental stages of reading processes in children who are blind and sighted. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 100, 36-46.
- LeJeune, B. J. (2006). Persons Aging with Hearing and Vision Loss; Research Update. Deafblind Perspectives, Winter Issue.
- Steinman, B. A., Kimbrough, B. H., Johnson, F., & LeJeune, B. J. (2004). Transferring standard English Braille skills to the Unified English Braille Code: A pilot study. RE:view, 36(3).
- LeJeune, B. J., Steinman, B. A., & Mascia, J. (2003). Enhancing socialization of older persons experiencing loss of both vision and hearing. Generations: Journal of the American Society on Aging, 27, 95 - 97.
- Butler, S., Crudden, A., Sansing, W., & LeJeune, B. J., (2002). Employment barriers: Access to assistive technology and research needs. Journal of Visual Impairment and Blindness, 96(9).
- LeJeune, B. J. & LeJeune, Bobby. (2001). Things I’ve learned since being married to someone with low vision. RE:view, 33(2).